WCEF2021: Circularity in cities and regions
Glad to announce that the Northern Netherlands will participate at the World Circular Economy Forum this year, in an online session “Circularity in Cities and Regions: Addressing Global Challenges through Innovative Place-Based Solutions”
This interactive session explores the role of cities and regions in enabling the circular economy transition. It features leading examples from around the world, with discussion and audience engagement geared to exploring the interventions with the greatest impact. Join us to hear from global cities on their circular journey, learn about the innovative approach underway in the Netherlands where 12 provinces have mapped their circular strengths and opportunities, and gain an understanding of how to scale up placed-based approaches.
– Annette Synowiec, Director of Policy, Planning & Outreach, City of Toronto
– Gavin Slater, Head of Sustainability, Glasgow City Council
– Jason Wood, Chief of Sustainability, City of Cleveland
– Oriana Romano, Head of Unit, Water Governance and Circular Economy, OECD
Circular Regions: Netherlands Case Study
– Tjisse Stelpstra, Regional Minister Drenthe
– Cora Smelik, Regional Minister Flevoland
– John Vernooij, Director Omrin
– Arnoud Passenier, Strategic International Advisor on Circular Economy at the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management
– Vanessa Timmer, Executive Director, OneEarth
– Sarah O’Carroll, Cities Lead, Ellen MacArthur Foundation.
Want to join? Then follow the livestream via this link. For more information about the event click on this link Circularity in Cities and Regions: Addressing Global Challenges through Innovative Place-Based Solutions – WCEF2021
Would you like to register and receive updates from the CCRI Partners: National Zero Waste Council, Recycling Council of Alberta, Federation of Canadian Municipalities and RECYC-QUÉBEC? Then sign up via this link.
Date: September 15, 2021
Time: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm ET / 17:30 – 19:30 CEST
Location: Online livestream